ObjectSecurity is looking for a Senior/Principal Software Engineer responsible for several exciting new products.
- Job Title: Senior or Principal Software Engineer
- Degree, Master’s or PhD in Computer Science or similar/equivalent
- 10+ years of work experience in the field
- Reports to: CEO
- Location; San Diego, CA Area.
- Citizenship Requirements: USA Citizenship or Greencard
- Type of Employment: Full-time
- Start of Employment: July 1, 2018
ObjectSecurity is “The Security Policy Automation Company”. ObjectSecurity’s mission is to simplify, improve and automate security for the complex, interconnected IT landscapes most organizations have to deal with today. Our core product is OpenPMF, the globally leading and awarded security policy automation solution. The company has two independently operated entities in San Diego, California, USA and in Cambridge, UK. We work with partners and clients in more than 25 countries across the globe. Our core product is OpenPMF, the globally leading and awarded security policy automation solution. We also work on big data analytics and AI, with projects in supply chain risk analysis, police big data analytics, etc. To reflect that broadened scope, we recently also started doing business as objectanalytics.ai. We have several prestigious Small Business Innovation Research (SBIRs) contracts and other innovative product development contracts where we are developing exiting innovations.ObjectSecurity is a spin-off SME of the University of Cambridge Computer Laboratory.
About the Role
This is a full-time position in San Diego, CA, USA. U.S. citizenship or green card are required. Degree, Master’s or PhD in Computer Science or equivalent required, as well as 10+ years of experience in the field. As Senior/Principal Software Engineer, you will be co-responsible for several exciting new products we are developing on government contracts we have been awarded. You will design, architect, develop/implement and test the product. You will be working alongside ObjectSecurity’s team, incl. CEO Dr. Lang. One product is an innovative supply chain risk solution, and the government customer is funding the development. Another government-funded project will design, develop and demonstrate an innovative artificial intelligence system to simulate a cybersecurity red team, using deep learning with cybersecurity attack tree analysis. We are also in the middle of SBIRs around ObjectSecurity OpenPMF.
Skills and Experience
- Significant and demonstrable development experience in several programming languages, incl. Java
- Significant and demonstrable experience developing applications using the Eclipse ecosystem, incl. EMF, RAP
- Significant and demonstrable experience developing backend and data analytics applications
- Experience developing web user interfaces (Eclipse RAP or other).
- Experience with UML modeling, model parsing, transformations, analytics etc.
- Significant and demonstrable experience of implementing Java best practice
- Proven experience of producing test cases and testing software
- Proven experience of project working and commercial development processes
- A background in software engineering, software and architecture
- Experience with developing Eclipse based applications
- In-depth knowledge of databases and data analytics
- In-depth knowledge of how web frontends are designed , developed and integrated
- Desirable: cybersecurity and/or defense experience
- Desirable: Experience of supplier management and supply chains
For more information please contact ObjectSecurity directly via email@example.com.